The reset procedure below is valid for a variety of Canon printers including S9000, S300, S400, i550, i560, i850, i860, i865, i9100 & i9950. To see guides for other printers please read the full article here.
There have been reports that this code also works for the Canon Pixma IP3000, IP3300, IP3500, iP3600, IP4000, IP4200, IP4300, IP4500, iP4600, IP4700, iP4850, IP5000, IP5100, IP5200, IP5300, IP6000, IP6210D, IP6220D, IP6310D, IP6600D, IP6700, IP8500. However I have not been able to confirm this due to a lack of these machines to experiment with.
Important!Before you start please note that the Resume button mentioned below will be represented by this symbol on most printers.
- Turn off printer with POWER button.
- Hold down RESUME button and then press and hold POWER.
- Keep POWER held down and release the RESUME button.
- Press RESUME twice.
- Release the POWER button. Green LEDs should now start flashing.
- When green LEDs are solid, press RESUME four times. Note: It is important you press RESUME exactly four times as more or less will cause the printer to perform a different function.
- Press POWER and the printer should switch off, if not simply press POWER again.
- Turn your printer back on and the counter will now be reset.
NoticePlease note that by following this procedure you are not emptying the tank/pad but simply resetting the counter that estimates how full it is. Please read our full article here for more information.