The reset procedure below is valid for a variety of Canon printers including BJC-3000, BJC-6000, BJC-6100, BJC-6200, S400, S450, S300, S600, BJC-7000, BJC-7100, BJC-8000, S800 & i6500. To see guides for other printers please read the full article here.
Important!Before you start please note that the Resume button mentioned below will be represented by this symbol on most printers.
- Turn the printer off using POWER.
- Hold down RESUME and then press and hold POWER. A single beep should sound.
- Keep holding POWER but release RESUME.
- Press RESUME twice. Note: It is important you press RESUME exactly twice as more or less will cause the printer to perform a different function.
- Wait untill the LED is on steadily and the press RESUME three more times. The LED should be orange.
- Press POWER to finalise.
NoticePlease note that by following this procedure you are not emptying the tank/pad but simply resetting the counter that estimates how full it is. Please read our full article here for more information.